Science diplomacy is a developing foreign policy and international relationship among nations is affected by science and technology. Because of the major role of higher education in the production and dissemination of science and new technology, this important organization has always been attractive. This study is an investigation into measurements and factors for developing science diplomacy and the role of higher education as a fundamental factor in foreign diplomacy. This study is of applied type. The researcher-made questionnaire is the tool for data gathering in this paper. The sample in this research is composed of the faculty members of Khajeh Nasir Toosi University. The results show and confirm 3 dimensions and 33 elements for developing science diplomacy and 5 factors and 21 measurements for the role of higher education in developing science diplomacy. The main suggestions for higher education and foreign policy are developing infrastructure, developing international cooperation among universities, and finding solutions for shared challenges especially among neighboring countries.
- In this paper 3 dimensions and 30 components have been identified and classified as the important dimensions and components of science diplomacy development.
- In this study 5 main factors for improving the role of higher education in science diplomacy development in Iran have been identified.
- In this study 21 criteria for improving the role of higher education in science diplomacy development in Iran have been identified and classified.
- The final model in this research was derived from both dimensions (components) and factors (criteria).
- Applicable suggestions for higher education and foreign diplomacy systems have been provided.