Document Type : Original Research Paper
1 Associate Professor, Urban and Regional Planning Department, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran.
2 Ph.D. Candidate, Urban and Regional Planning Department, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran.
Spatial justice is the ultimate goal for human society and one of the main purposes of urban planning. In its most general sense, it has been accepted with significant popularity among the experts and scholars throughout history. The result is a massive collection of various theories based on the concept of justice in the city. However, due to the interdisciplinary nature of justice, sometimes the implementations of this concept as well as its definitions and explanations do not agree or even they may contradict.Therefore, defining a conceptual typology and clarifying the theoretical route of justice urban theories are the main aims of this paper. To do this, we use systematic review of justice based theories in urban planning and utilize Allmendinger mete-theory framework with five broad categories. Besides defining the framework, it also provides opportunity for theorizing in this field. The present article attempts to explain the essence of justice urban planning theories. In this regard, methods such as Systematic Review, secondary study and typology as quality research strategies are used to collect and analyze the data. Typology study helps the better understanding of this interdisciplinary concept. Therefore, by reviewing all typology of planning theory, justice urban planning theories have been explained, based on the selected one. At the end, this article presents a conceptual frameworkfor better and more comprehensive understanding of the complexities of the principle of justice in urban planning.
- This article presents a conceptual framework for understanding of justice in urban planning
- The present article attempts to explain the essence of just urban planning theories.
- Clarifying the theoretical route of just urban theories is the main aims of this paper.
- Methods such as systematic review and typology as quality research strategies are used to collect and analyze the data.
- Besides defining the framework, it also provides opportunity for theorizing in this field based on Iranian-Islamic values.
Send comment about this article